OPEN POSITION: SUPPORT COORDINATOR
Full time- Tuesday through Saturday
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for providing direct patient/family support services as part of the Program and Family Services team while planning and implementing various support programs to meet the emotional, financial, and educational needs of children diagnosed with cancer or a chronic blood disorder, and their families. Directly oversee the SAIL educational tutoring program, Sickle Cell Family Connection Nights, and Teen Group.
· Demonstrates competency in crisis intervention, therapeutic recreation, community resources, and a strong understanding of the impact of a chronic illness on a child/family system.
· Coordinates all aspects of the SAIL (Students Achieving through Interactive Learning) educational program.
o Responsible for inviting children to attend and managing RSVPs
o Promoting the program to the families served at the CCC
o Scheduling instructors/facilitators to teach cooking/art/music/etc. classes on Tuesday nights (6-8pm) and Saturdays (10-2pm)
§ Managing the schedule of volunteers and respective classes offered
o Matching children with instructors to meet the academic needs of the child
o Coordinating the volunteers from USF medical school, and the community to tutor kids
o Responsible for all catering/supply orders/decorating needs for this group
§ Must work well within a specified budget
o Oversee the transportation/driver’s schedule of pick up and drop offs
o Ensure the utmost safety of the children attending the program while under the supervision of the CCC
o Maintain ongoing contact with this population to ensure their needs are met.
· Coordinates hematology support programs: facilitates the support groups, schedules guest speakers and community partners to interact with the children and families, responsible for all catering/supply orders/decorating needs for these groups, oversees a team of 10-20 volunteers, and maintains ongoing contact with this population to ensure their needs are met.
· Facilitates the monthly Teen Group: includes organizing group outings to local events, coordinating catering, creates group invites and manages the RSVPs.
· Collaborates with the Program and Family Services team to organize the daily schedule, vendors, partners, activities, and all details of the hematology and oncology summer camps and Holiday Adoption programs.
· Maintains volunteer status at local hospitals/clinics to provide ongoing outreach and educational opportunities.
· Coordinator follows up on all referrals to determine if families received services and provides ongoing community support resources to the families that require additional services not provided by the programs at the CCC to ensure their needs are being met.
· Collaborates with the Marketing and Development team on an ongoing basis.
· Meets with the Program team, and the entire organization on a weekly basis to establish clear communication, provide patient updates, and define program needs assessments.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college in Education, Social Work, Child Life, Child Development, Psychology, Sociology, or other Human Services field.
· Experience running an educational program or previous teaching experience preferred.
· Experience working with children and families, preferably in the oncology and/or hematology populations desired.
· Must be able to work independently as well as a part of small team of seven employees.
· Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends. Schedule for this position is Tuesday through Saturday.
· Must successfully complete and maintain FDLE clearance, Federal background and state criminal background check and sexual predator screening.
· Current CPR and First Aid Certification preferred.
· Ideal candidate would possess a strong desire to work with children and a thorough understanding of the mission of the Children’s Cancer Center to make every day as best as possible for each child battling cancer or a chronic blood disorder and their family.
Please email Cover Letter and Resume to Danielle Lanier, Director of Programs and Family Services email@example.com by Friday, August 1st.